Thursday, December 3, 2009

Reemerging




I am pretty sure I have heard it said that moving is one of the top five most stressful events in life. Supposedly it's up there with babies and divorce.
So I fell into a little pit. I am out of it now.
New York City is a completely different world to me. The sheer intensity of it rocked me to the point of exhaustion and I actually fell asleep on the subway more than once.
So much is happening! All the time! Plus homesickness, self-doubt, and "did I do the right thing?" I was overwhelmed.
In the last few days I have felt myself finally come out of the fog. I have been running and taking pictures. I experienced an epiphany that I do belong here, a fact I have known since I was ten.
So I am accepting the sacrifices. I am accepting a few really great losses and I am accepting that I live in New York City now.

No comments:

Post a Comment